Wednesday 8 August 2012

WEDNESDAY CLUB - The Sound - Silent Air/Silent Air(Live)

MIDWEEK CRISIS the noise is screaming in yours ears, come to WEDNESDAY CLUB we've got the Adrian Bordland & The Sound, we've got Silence and we've got a guilt trip...

In Silence
THE SOUND - In Silence (1981)

In 'These days' it was all 'Joy Division' they were the front runners, it was something new, a different take. I, like many others, were caught, mesmerised in their dark majestic web of beautiful haunting genuine heartfelt music.  They had no equals.

However 'The Sound' were in a similar vein and were as I remember in the classification of another poor man's 'Joy Division'. But they were better than that and although JD's influence was always there, they had several albums that if you have not heard them are worth trying to hear.  When Ian Curtis tragically died  'The Sound' included a song on their then latest album 'From The Lions Mouth' called 'Silent Air' an excellent  tribute to Ian,

I lost my original copy of the album and was delighted when 'The Sounds' albums were released in CD format.  I was reading a musical magazine years later about an article on rare CD's and what they were worth. 'From the Lions Mouth' was featured and was valued at around £50.

Last year I saw that it was going to be re-released again so I put my copy on EBay 2 weeks before the release date and got a substantial amount for it. I have had this guilt trip ever since. I feel relieved, now that I have confessed and now I can get on with the rest of my life.

It is a superb album.  

Adrian Borland who was the main man behind  'The Sound' was like Ian Curtis a tragic figure who suffered from depression and like his hero he also committed suicide.


THE SOUND - Silent Air(Live)

For more Wednesday Club Guilt

Related Posts

WEDNESDAY CLUB - The Sound - Silent Air/Silent Air(Live)
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
10 August 2012 at 13:46

It's all about guilt free living! Great track, I remember borrowing the album and the resemblance to Ian Curtis was uncanny.

Reply
avatar
DJ Biltong-man
23 August 2012 at 20:46

Listening to this for the first time and I likey like.

Reply
avatar
23 August 2012 at 20:49

DJ Biltong-man - if you liky like this then you will likey like the album a whole lotta lotta

Reply
avatar
24 August 2012 at 18:29

Listen to the album recently and 'Judgment', that's a track!

Reply