Thursday 13 September 2012

'The Healer' - John Lee Hooker and Santana

Recollection Collection......musical memories recalled with affection!

 teen angst...



John Lee Hooker and Carlos Santana - 'The Healer' (1989)

This song Reminds me of a tropical getaway I went with my family in the early 90s, I can't exactly remember where but a place not too dissimilar to somewhere from the film Romancing the Stone. I was on the balcony of the room gazing out at the lush vegetation, it was stormy and the rain was lashing down. Like a proper teen brat I was sulking as I was missing my girlfriend of two weeks. It was love....she dumped me on my return!

She left you in the morning? Let the Blues heal....

Taken from John Lee Hooker's, 'The Healer' album, The song does exactly what it sets out to do, heal, Santana's guitar licks and John Lee Hooker's voice soothes like a balm. Excuse the pan pipe moods but a big song for me when I was sixteen....still is.

Need some more healing? Click here for more of my favourite tunes....
or subscribe to my Spotify playlist...it's not that bad....




Related Posts

'The Healer' - John Lee Hooker and Santana
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
13 September 2012 at 07:40

Loved this song the moment I heard it long ago. Yes, it heals.

Reply
avatar
13 September 2012 at 09:18

An absolute classic...boom boom boom!

Reply
avatar
sfw
13 September 2012 at 20:13

Good song, classic Santana....shame about the peruvian pan pipes.

Reply
avatar
23 September 2012 at 13:34

Santana is a god, and so is JLH! Great song. Sounds a bit like Sade's Smooth Operator too.

Reply