Saturday 13 October 2012

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX - Bell Biv Devoe - "Poison"





Bell Biv Devoe - "Poison" (1990)

"Our Music Is Mental" - Bell Biv Devoe

Not sure about the quote guys but the song Poison was the epitome of cool when I was 9. We used to sing it on the bus on the way home from school as one big chorus. It gave the nerds a chance to be equal along side the tough kids for about 5 minutes of their day. Music brings us all together, you see!



Now I know where East 17 got their image

You may have seen myself or Flycasual mention the "Running Man" dance and judging songs worth dancing to, by the ability in which one can do the world famous move. This song qualifies as not only a song you can do it to, but one in which you can witness all variations of it by watching the video. And what a video! A showcase of all that used to be cool in the early 90's! If it wasn't for the Running Man, I don't think I will have danced in any of my school discos and I definitely wouldn't have performed "Do The Bartman" for my school Variety Show. With this song, I pay homage to one of the only things about the 90's that can save it from being classed as a decade with nothing to offer in terms of fashion and style. If, like me, you love the 90's and want to bring back the Running Man's popularity, check out these 2 perfect examples of how to do it, and do it right!


House Party battle y'all!

 Fresh Prince keeping it real!


Need more music for your Running Man training? Click here for more Saturday Night Jukebox! Or check out the Saturday Night Jukebox spotify playlist below!

Related Posts

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX - Bell Biv Devoe - "Poison"
4/ 5
Oleh

5 comments

comments
avatar
P*star
13 August 2011 at 18:26

awesome, there is a bit of the 'running man' in all of us when we are home alone :-)

Reply
avatar
13 August 2011 at 18:34

I was doing that in the 70's...its not new....I was there first

Reply
avatar
13 August 2011 at 19:59

If there's one thing I could do well in life it was the 'Running Man', I mean I've already covered it in posts twice. Classic Fresh Prince clip by the way!

I'd pay very good money to see Old Pa replicate this.

Reply
avatar
Jon
13 August 2011 at 20:57

House Party! LOVED those films. Great running man clips.

Reply
avatar
15 August 2011 at 19:35

P*star, you got it! It was only the other day, I had a running man moment at work but I wasn't quite alone. Hmm, 6 people in an office witnessed that episode.

Old Pa, I think you probably had more luck with the "truffle shuffle" than the "melbourne shuffle"!

Jon, thanks, and there's loads more where they came from!

Reply