Saturday 2 February 2013

GIVE ME A GUITAR!!! - Aerosmith - 'Livin' on the Edge'


Give me a guitar!! Songs that'll make you want to rip off your shirt, grease up your chest and wrestle a bear!!


Aerosmith - Livin' On The Edge (1993)

We've all done it, let's be honest. You fancy a girl (or boy depending on your persuasion) and find out that they like a certain artist. Back in the 90's I fell into this trap and am happy to say that although it never worked out with the young lady, I am still a fan of the band in question. (They have a new album out - Music from Another Dimension!).
Until I bought the 'Get A Grip' CD the only thing I knew about Aerosmith was that they featured on the Run DMC song 'Walk This Way' (well I wasn't to know was I). I also thought Steven Tyler was a bit like Mick Jagger only with bigger lips.


As soon as I heard this track, I was hooked. The video (with Edward Furlong) is really cool too and my fave bit is when Joe Perry is on the railway track (2 min 50), coolly stepping off just in time. They also had some great videos from the other releases on the album, featuring Alicia Silverstone & Liv Tyler.
I have to admit I went off them a little as a result of the overplayed 'I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' but their old stuff is pretty awesome.

Related Posts

GIVE ME A GUITAR!!! - Aerosmith - 'Livin' on the Edge'
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
2 February 2013 at 18:13

He's got bigger lips than Anti Jolification.....but I know what you mean!!! (only 4 pints)

Reply
avatar
17 February 2013 at 17:00

What a strange video. God I had such a big thing for Eddie Furlong, I can't believe I never saw this before! Great song though, Aerosmith have had loads of corkers with memorable videos to match

Reply