Monday 15 April 2013

GUEST SPOT #59 - Other Lives - 'The Partisan'


This weeks Guest Spot has been kindly submitted by natcwilson which features the excellent Other Lives covering the wonderful Leonard Cohen



Other Lives - The Partisan

I saw Other Lives last summer at Village Underground in Shoreditch (awesome venue).

They played this cover of Leonard Cohen's The Partisan and I think it could be my favourite ever cover. Their style is perfect for covering Cohen tracks, and dare I say (please don't hate me) I think it's better than the original. Unfortunately I couldn't find a video from the night, but this is close enough.

I also have to admit I felt pretty cool and hip being the only person in the crowd who recognised the song and sang along. That's quite sad isn't it.

Anyway, enjoy! :)


Related Posts

GUEST SPOT #59 - Other Lives - 'The Partisan'
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
16 April 2013 at 14:10

Thanks for the post Nat. Other Lives are a great band and they certainly do this song justice though I wasn'y overly familiar with the original. Until your post, as I looked it up. And defintely not sad at all!

Reply
avatar
30 April 2013 at 14:11

I just love the original...but this is right up there, fabulous.

Reply