Tuesday 11 June 2013

TUESDAY BLUES!! Mark Kozelek & Jimmy LaValle - What Happened to My Brother

Do you like Singer/Songwriters, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!


Mark Kozelek & Jimmy LaValle - What Happened to My Brother (2012)

I love the casio-esque sound to this track, it reminds me of Jet Set Willy / Manic Miner and if you are of a certain age, you'll know what that means.

I've a fan of Mark Kozelek for years now but he is an acquired taste. The frontman in Red House Painters, he has spent the last decade or so releasing mostly acoustic based material as Sun Kil Moon and more recently under his own name.

His most recent release, Perils from the Sea, is a collaboration with Instrumentalist Jimmy LaValle (of the Album Leaf) and is definitely worth a listen...but give it a few listens, it's a bit like olives!

Subscribe to the Spotify playlist and read more Tuesday Blues here!

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES!! Mark Kozelek & Jimmy LaValle - What Happened to My Brother
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
11 June 2013 at 12:29

One of my favs songs of last month and I totally get the Jet Set Willy reference. I'm not too keen on black olives so I hope this is Halkidiki green olives stuffed with Feta....boom.

Reply
avatar
14 June 2013 at 10:47

This is nice just like salt and vinegar crisps...family bag

Reply
avatar
14 June 2013 at 21:47

Olives? Excuse me while I gag! Mrs S is forever trying to get me into them, she loves 'em and I can't stand 'em!

Mark Kozelek, on the other hand, I've loved since the Red House Painters days. 'Admiral Fell Promises' was one of my albums of the year in 2010, I was a little disappointed with 'Among the Leaves', but am enjoying this slight change of direction immensely.

Reply