Sunday 22 June 2014

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 22/06/2014 - JAWS, Jon Allen, The Presidents Of The USA, Movement, Dave and Phil Alvin,

Five tracks that would top any World Cup group...


Flycasual:-
Movement - 'Like Lust' (2014)

Ooooh, this is a great, moody, slow burner of a track. In fact it's a wee bit saucy. Saucy enough to do something uber romantic with your loved one, like wear a pear of novelty pants and feed each other falafels and houmous...phwoar! Anyway, I love it and 'Like Lust' is taken from the Sydney 3 piece's four track EP, Movement, out last March, it's well worth a listen. Click here to hear it on Spotify.


SFW:-
JAWS -Think Too Much, Feel Too Little (2014)
JAWS are a Birmingham four-piece have created a track that has bloomed perfectly in time for summer.  After one listen of this infectious, effortless groove, you'll heading off to your local country park with a multipack of cider and snoozing on a blanket. Summer Bliss.

Old Pa's Corner :-
Dave and Phil Alvin - I Feel so Good
 #

There is only one way for me to describe this, it makes me feel so good! It is an absolute blast of good old rock 'n roll boogie! Superb! It don't get better! It is from the album : Common Ground : Dave Alvin and Phil Alvin Play and Sing the Songs of Big Bill Broonzy. It is definitely worth a listen if you like this sample.

Shell Hunter:-
Jon Allen - 'Night And Day' (2014)

I keep on missing the boat with up and coming artists I'm recommended so this time I'm taking no chances! My bestest music pal from work, Brian, told me to check out Jon Allen as he was going to see him last week. He was absolutely raving about him and after hearing a couple of tracks, I agree there is something addictive about his voice. It's almost got a Paolo Nutini quality to it but a little more Rod Stewart in it as my pal put it. This new track is from his new album out this year called Deep River but for now I know I won't be able to stop listening to debut album Dead Mans Suit from 2009. You heard it here second!

London Scouser:-
The Presidents Of The USA - 'Rooftops In Spain' (2014)


Do you ever have a song that just sticks in your head and gives you a smile all over whenever you sing along to it in your head ?? Well for me this is one of those songs. Okay its a bit gimmicky, but those people who know me will probably say that's me all over. It helps that I've just come back from 2 weeks in Spain so the Spanish lyrics in the song helped me. See, music can be educational as well !!!

Give it a listen or two and I bet you'll have a smile too, even if you don't think too much of it.

Listen or even better, subscribe to our tracks of the week playlist here...

Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 22/06/2014 - JAWS, Jon Allen, The Presidents Of The USA, Movement, Dave and Phil Alvin,
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
22 June 2014 at 17:05

It's a tie for me this week. I'm liking that dark Movement tune, although the mental image of Flycasual in pants with a face full of falafels and houmous is one that won't be easy to purge.
I'm also enjoying the Jaws track - it's what I imagine Real Estate would sound like if they got a bit of a groove thang going. Nice.

Reply
avatar
sfw
29 June 2014 at 11:41

FC - Loving this
OP - 50s throwback
SH - Nice
LS - Sorry

Reply
avatar
30 June 2014 at 11:07

Old Pa, this is great...old school bluesy Rock N Roll!

Sfw, love this track, will prob end up being a real fav of mine. It has a an 80's feel to it, reminds me a bit of Scritti Politti and Bombay Bicycle Club too.

SH, not bad at all..ooh that voice, makes me weak at the knees.

LS, I get it.."drunken promises made on Spanish roof tops", you just went to Spain, I don't want to know!! But seriously, who buys this?

Reply