Thursday 25 September 2014

Waylon Jennings - 'Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way'

Musical Medicine......like a barn dance for the soul!


I'm not sure if Old Pa should have done it this way!

Waylon Jennings - 'Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way?' (1975)



I'm not particularly a big fan but I've been exposed to high levels of Country and Western over the years, courtesy of Old Pa. A safe enough dosage to make up part of my musical DNA, with Hank Williams and Jim Reeves the usual protagonists. But this exposure would usually only occur in the wee small hours when we've overstayed the evenings welcome after a 'good night', it's too late to go to bed and/or the 'bottle has let us down'.

I first heard this song when Old Pa sent it to me one afternoon saying I would like it but it was the middle of the day! How will my ears react to Country this early in the day? How right he was! I couldn't get enough of it, it lasooed me in like a naughty cattle rustler and I probably had it on repeat for the rest of the day. The late Waylon Jennings' foot stompin ode to Hank is Musical Medicine of the highest order, the formula is just right!

Waylon Jennings' website....

Need a pick me up? Listen/subscribe to a dose of TuneDr's Musical Medicine....or read some more here.


Related Posts

Waylon Jennings - 'Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way'
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
25 September 2014 at 07:56

One of the greats.

Reply
avatar
25 September 2014 at 19:28

Green on Red used to do a mean version of this back in the day.

Reply
avatar
25 September 2014 at 20:12

Thanks Mr Swede I'll definitely check that out!

Reply