Wednesday 7 January 2015

Ae Fond Kiss/My Love is like a Red Red Rose - Eddie Reader

OLD PA'S WEDNESDAY CLUB

A GUID NEW YEAR !

'Till ah the seas gang dry'


EDDI READER - Ae Fond Kiss

I have just returned from two weeks in the UK. It was very enjoyable to spend time with Shellhunter, Flycasul and of course with my two fabulous Grandsons Max and Ted. I will feature the Max phenomenon in a later post.

The vacation was clouded by the news of my dear brother Cliff who was diagnosed with inoperable Cancer.
We can only hope we get good news tomorrow when he gets the result of tests. They will then be in a position to determine a course of treatment. It certainly brings everything into perspective. I flew up to Edinburgh to see Cliff during my stay. We are with you all the way Cliff! 

I will be getting back to normal shortly and will try and catch up with all the Posts that I have missed.

Anyway here is my toast for the New Year, I have had a few attempts at it.

A Toast to Love

If you can be loved
i will love you all
i raise my glass to all who I love
and to those I have loved
and lost 

I have chosen two songs written by Robbie Burns and both are excellent versions by  Eddi Reader. I also chose ER as she was a big favourite of my dear nice Gillian who passed away in 2010 and was the daughter of Cliff.

On a brighter note we a looking forward to Shellhunter's first child in March.  We are so excited.

 
EDDI READER - My Love is like a Red Red Rose

Related Posts

Ae Fond Kiss/My Love is like a Red Red Rose - Eddie Reader
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
7 January 2015 at 07:42

Thinking of you and the family, sir, and wishing you all of the very best this year. Beautiful takes on old Robbie.

Reply
avatar
7 January 2015 at 09:41

So sorry to hear the news about your brother Old Pa. Sending good wishes to you and the family.

Reply
avatar
C
7 January 2015 at 18:38

Echoing the above sentiments from SB and TS, Old Pa. Best wishes to you all.

Reply
avatar
10 February 2015 at 16:32

Lovely song, Lovely sentiment. To health.

Reply