Monday 7 September 2015

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 06-09-2015 - Wilco, Villagers, Farao, Golden Rules

Four tracks that were trapped in our heeds this week...





Old Pa :-
Wilco - You Satellite (2015)


Here is an excellent track from Wilco's latest offering Star Wars (2015). Darth Vader himself would be proud of this one. This is one of the best things I have heard from Jeff and the boys for some long time.

SFW:-
Villagers - Hot Scary Summer (2015)


Hot Scary Summer is the latest single from Darling Arithmetic, Conor O'Brien's third and most accomplished album to date.  Recorded over eight months last year, O’Brien put in eight-hour days at a barn by his home in Dublin  Hot Scary Summer is probably my track of the album and I can see another Ivor Novello award heading his way.
 
Shellhunter :
Farao - 'Bodies' (2015)


This has been growing on me the last week. Whilst out jogging I've been playing a little game with myself. I've been making a note of the most memorable song of each run for whatever reason, a motivational "power song", a relaxing cool down or something to get me up that last hill. This track by Kari Jansen AKA Farao, a Norwegian songstress, has stood out a couple of times, enough for me to fumble with my phone whilst running to check who it is. The rumbling guitar helped keep pace whilst her angelic voice cooled me down. This is taken from her debut called Till Its All Forgotten which is out at the end of this week. I read she played pretty much all the instruments on the album so the talent speaks for itself! 

Flycasual:-
Golden Rules - 'Auntie Pearl's House' (2015)



Don't put the BBQ away just yet, here's a nice slice of Southern Fried goodness, which instantly reminded me of Arrested Development with a little bit of Outkast thrown in for extra flavour. Golden Rules is a cross Atlantic collaboration between London's Hip Hop producer Paul White & Florida's Eric Biddines and 'Auntie Pearl's House' is taken from their debut album, Golden Ticket.

Listen or even better, subscribe to our tracks of the week playlist here...

Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 06-09-2015 - Wilco, Villagers, Farao, Golden Rules
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
8 September 2015 at 13:48

Old Pa, the...ehm...Force is strong with this one! My track of the week!

Sfw, its definitely a stunning album, full of beautiful songs of which Hot Scary Summer is one. My fav is Everything I Am Is Yours.

SH, pretty good track, I'll give it a few more spins. The video is somewhat distracting.

Reply
avatar
13 September 2015 at 19:57

Old Pa. You know how I feel about Jeff & the boys - they can do very little wrong. I'm enjoying this album a great deal at the moment.

SFW. I'm not quite sure why, but nothing by Villagers has really connected with me - up until this album that is. Everything I've heard from 'Darling Arithmetic' has been terrific. Is it me that's changed or them?

Shellhunter. This has steadily burrowed its way into my brain over the past few weeks to the point where I really like it a lot right now. I'll be checking out the LP for sure.

Flycasual. Another one of your curveballs! Not heard of this before now, but it's very good indeed. Your references are spot on.

Reply
avatar
27 September 2015 at 11:22

SFW - Love this one, must listen to the album now
SH - this interesting, hope you did jog to the pace of the song
FC - this is really good and as TS comparisoms spot on

Reply