Monday 9 May 2016

TRACKS OF THE WEEK - 08/05/2016 - Michael Kiwanuka, Paul Simon, Pumarosa, Mark Pritchard, Thom Yorke


TRACKS OF THE WEEK






Sfw:-
Michael Kiwanuka - Love and Hate (2016)


This is awesome. You NEED to listen to this future soul classic from London's Michael Kiwanuka. The 28 year old Kiwanuka has matured with his newest release which will feature on his new album, Love & Hate that is out on 27th May. Produced by Dangermouse, I love the sound of the drums, its grand, sweeping strings, and vocals that are comparable to Bill Withers / Otis Redding.  Yes I just wrote that, Bill Withers and Otis Redding!

London Scouser:
Pumarosa - 'Priestess' (2015)


I've been meaning to put this track out for ages, for everyone to hear (if you haven't already). It was released last September but I only came across it this year and for me it's my new 'Hinterland' it's so catchy and anthemic that I can't stop humming it. They've been described as 'industrial spiritual' which I get... They're definitely one to watch and I can't wait for their album to be released cos this will deffo be in my #tracksoftheyear

Old Pa :-
Paul Simon - Cool Papa Bell


A new album by the fabulous Paul Simon is always a wonder and something to look forward too. It has been a long wait and if this taster is anything to go by then hurry up June I can hardly wait until Stranger to Stranger is released. I have been a fan since the mid sixties when he was with his mate Art. Great memories.This sort of sounds like a greatest hits all rolled into one song, if you get it. Brilliant!

Flycasual:-
Mark Pritchard - Beautiful People feat Thom Yorke (2016)




Just a gorgeous collaboration from British DJ Mark Pritchard and Thom Yorke, a track which has managed to set up camp in my brain for the last couple of weeks. With the trademark sparse vocals from the Radiohead frontman and that little hook, the song manages to sound bleak yet hopeful at the same time. Taken from Mark Pritchards forthcoming album, Under the Sun, out May 13th. Radiohead however, have also released a new album entitled, A Moon Shaped Pool.


Subscribe/listen to our Tracks of the Week. Click here.

Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK - 08/05/2016 - Michael Kiwanuka, Paul Simon, Pumarosa, Mark Pritchard, Thom Yorke
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
9 May 2016 at 13:31

Good efforts all round folks, but my word that Pumarosa tune is awesome. Just been playing their new one 'Cecile' - and it's equally awesome. Step forward and take a bow London Scouser. I owe you one.

Reply
avatar
19 May 2016 at 09:06

Apologies for the delay in responding... You are more than welcome Mr The Swede... I remember you raving about Hinterland last year so I thought this might be up your street

Reply