Wednesday 1 June 2016

10CC - I'm Mandy Fly me

WEDNESDAY CLUB

WHAT FLIGHT?

THE BELL HOUNSLOW
10CC - I'm Mandy Fly Me

It was my Nieces' 21st birthday.  I was coming over from Jeddah, catch a flight from London's Heathrow to Inverness and enjoy the celebration with the rest of my family.

The flight was early and as I arrived in London an hour or so before departure, as was the custom, I headed straight for the British Midlands Bar for an early refreshment. Get in the mood, you know yourself.

I headed for the British Airways Lounge in plenty time and heard the news that there would be a delay due to a technical fault and they were awaiting a new part. Could we ensure that we were back here in one hours time.

I went back to the Bar and settled down with the daily newspaper. After about 50 minutes I headed back. I saw from the information board that my flight had departed. It appeared they managed to correct the fault quickly and boarded the flight and departed. I was called but was not in that area so I did not hear the call and had missed the flight.

Luckily there was another flight about 6 hours later. Oh! well back to the British Midlands Bar.
I later went in to Hounslow for a look around and to kill time. The Bell was open in a few hours too.

When I got back in plenty of time I found to my horror that the afternoon flight was cancelled and no reason given.  There was another flight at 19.30 in the evening and all the passengers were re-booked on that flight. Except me that is as I had a staff standby ticket.

I had a meal and read a book, had a few drinks and before long it was time to go for the evening flight.  I was told the flight was full and that it would be touch and go to get on. Could it get much worse I thought.

At the gate I was hovering around, the flight was about to be closed. I was told you are on. A party of 3 had not turned up. The relief just poured out of me as I settled into my seat. Walkman at the ready.

Could a Mr. Mackenzie make himself  know to the Cabin Staff  please 
 
The three had turned up and I was being off loaded. That was it,  I had to find a Hotel and I booked a full fare ticket for the first flight out to Inverness the next morning.

To rub salt in the wound that flight was not even half full.

By Old Pa

Related Posts

10CC - I'm Mandy Fly me
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
1 June 2016 at 07:43

What a (series of) nightmare(s)! I get completely stressed out when I fly anyway, so in your situation I would've had a total meltdown! I trust you eventually made it in time for the party though?

Reply
avatar
1 June 2016 at 09:32

Hi TS yes made the party, it was worth all the hassle

Reply